Saturday, November 12, 2011

A Shift.

Lovely.Loud.Crazy.Sleep deprived.Sometimes Lonely.Challenging.Beautiful.Happiness.

This is my XL life. I know that one day, I'll look back and think that God gave me an unimaginable adventure in growing closer to Him. Heck, I think that now! The past week or so, God has been challenging me on my dedication to Him. What will I do only for Him? Things, like my morning devotions, lectures, and coporate church time doesn't count. It's how I spend my time the rest of the day. Sometimes I feel so busy, that there isn't even enough time in the day to breathe, let alone find a quiet place, and just pray, sing, or read my bible in an attempt to hear God's voice. But then I stop, look back and realize what I did have time for that day...
-go online (for any amount f time)
-hang with roomies (doing absolutely nothing)
{Even though I love them, and our nothing is usually the best times}
-make-up, nails, facials, etc... (goes on the list cause I actually do it alot!)

So here I am. In a place where I  told everyone back home I always wanted to be. No job, or "everyday responsibility" to take my time, No life getting in the way. Just me and God. And how excited I was to be able to offer Him more of me! But am I? I would say partly yes, and partly no. You can always try harder! So that is my goal... to always try harder. I will sek His presence, and there I will find rest; in my soul, in my spirit, and in my mind.  I love it.

I pray, I always crave my God, over anything else in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment